I just want to say a big thank you for all your seasonal best wishes and your congratulations when BritYarn made the front page of Ravelry! The success of BritYarn is all down to you and your support. Again a massive thank you.
So, a new year and a new KAL. If you listen and follow Louise of KnitBritish you will have already heard the details but just in case you have not here they are.
The Nature's Shades Along KAL is all about exploring the amazing variety of natural undyed shades available from our sheep, alpaca and other animals.
The rules of the KAL are as follows.....
- We all start our projects on Thursday 14th January 2016.
- You can knit / weave / crochet any pattern but it must be something you can wear.
- The yarn must be undyed / natural.
- You must use a minimum of three shades. Any fibre can be used.
- The yarn must be grown in Britain OR be grown local to you if you do not live in Great Britain. Of course you are still welcome to use British grown yarn if you wish.
- You must be a member of both the BritYarn and Knit British Ravelry Groups.
- To be eligiable for a prize your project must meet the above criteria and your finished photo posted in the BritYarn Nature's Shades Along FO thread before midnight GMT 19th March 2016
You can tag your projects Naturesshades in Ravelry and #naturesshades on Instagram and Twitter.
You may have noticed the cast off date? If you are going to Edinburgh Yarn Festival we will be holding a KAL meet up where we can all wear our FO's. We will let you know the details nearer the time.
Have you any thoughts on your project or perhaps what yarns you might use? I am still really undecided although Spring Festival, which was a shawl included in the 2015 EYF brochure, is high on my list. Perhaps done in a DK rather than 4ply........
If you need any yarn help all of BritYarn's undyed shades are grouped together here.
Look forward to seeing your plans over in the chat thread.