Like last year it will take place over in the BritYarn Ravelry Group. If anyone wants to share their photos on Twitter and Instagram you can use the hashtag #GBSocksAwayKAL16.
The chatter has already started in the group with plans being made and stash being rummaged through. The rules are straightforward:
- We will all cast on our socks of choice on Friday 23rd September 2016.
- The yarn must be grown in Britain OR be grown local to you if you do not live in Great Britain. Of course you are still welcome to use British grown yarn if you wish. The yarn can be from your stash, a BritYarn purchase or bought from elsewhere.
- Blends (taken from BritYarn’s Woolly Principles) using other natural fibres can be used e.g. linen as long as they comprise a maximum of 50% of the total content. Synthetic material in a blend, e.g. nylon should only account for 25% of the total content.
- Any sock pattern can be used.
- To be eligible for a prizes you need to post a photo of your finished pair of socks in the FO thread in the BritYarn Ravelry group by midnight Monday 31st October 2016.
- You are more than welcome to double dip as long as the above rules apply.
If you are new to sock knitting and fancy taking part please don't be shy..... there are all skill levels taking part and everyone is really friendly.
Hope to see you over in the BritYarn group!
Looking for inspiration.......
|Lazy Sunday Knitted Socks by Jane Burns|
|Sock Anatomy by Clare Devine|
|Blacker Classic 4 Ply|
|West Yorkshire Spinners Cocktail Range|
|Britsock - The Knitting Goddess|